Library building and design - standards and guidelines
Australian standards and guidelines useful to Queensland public libraries
- State Library of Queensland - Queensland public library standards and guidelines - These standards and guidelines are designed for current practice and to provide achievable goals for public libraries in Queensland. The standards are seen as a guide towards achieving `best practice' for those responsible for the management of public library services.
- State Library of Queensland's Disability Action Plan is our proactive and public commitment to taking a lead role in providing accessible and inclusive library and information services for all Queenslanders with a disability.
- Standards Australia: Standardisation solutions where the collective expertise of stakeholders can enhance Australia's economic efficiency, international competitiveness and the community's expectations for a safe and sustainable environment.
- APLA: Australian Public Library Standards Guidelines and Outcomes 2016, Manuscript version
- State Library of New South Wales: People places: A guide for public library buildings in New South Wales - A practical resource tool for all stakeholders involved in the planning and construction of public library buildings. This not only includes public librarians but also local government officers, elected representatives, architects, library users and the general community.
- Managing a Successful Library Design and Furnishing Project - a brief guide to successfully managing the process of planning and implementing a new or refurbished library interior.