Submit an Expression of Interest NOW to take part in this year's Fun Palace
What is a Fun Palace?
Fun Palaces are scalable, innovative and transportable programs in art/science that will be documented for digital publication under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Sharealike Licence. These engagements will be developed by your community and hosted in collaboration with community groups and your library.
You can make or join a Fun Palace in whatever way best suits your community; with play, experiments, stories and discovery, high art and hard science are as welcome as the fun and the games. Each Fun Palace is unique, self-generating, self-supporting and local. Some may just be moments, some may take over venues for the whole weekend. They are about fun and learning, participating and making together: they are a space where arts and sciences meet, working alongside, or working together.
Successful applicants will receive an information package with instructions and suggestions. Support with logistics, learning resources, and training will also be available from State Library of Queensland’s Engagement and Partnerships team.
The Program is funded through the OPAL Program.
Submit an Expression of Interest to Linda Barron of no more than one (1) A4 page providing the following information:
- Can you commit to delivering a Fun Palace event at some time on Saturday 3 or Sunday 4 October 2015?
- Do you agree to document your Fun Palace programs for digital publication under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Sharealike Licence, according to guidelines provided by State Library of Queensland?
- How will you connect with your community to attend, and
- How will you connect with local community groups to run components of your event?
- Please nominate a contact person from your library service to manage your Fun Palace project
Please submit your EOI by Monday 6 July 2015.
Successful applicants will be notified by COB Friday 10 July 2015.
For more information contact Linda Barron on (07) 3840 7797
The Fun Palaces website also provides more information on Fun Palaces, with examples of past events.